Tuesday, February 19, 2008

{All Together Now}

Sing the Dora song with me "We did it, we did it, we did it, did it, did it - wave your hands in the air cause we did it". After refusing to pay a repairman and filling up the tub with pans of boiling water (so Morgan could take a bath before seeing Andrew) which did nothing, the water was still freezing. I searched the internet and found a You Tube video on fixing the water heater. I made Don come in and watch it with me - and we DID IT! So proud of myself and him of course. When we were finished he came out and told my girls - make sure any guy you date knows how to do these things. I think that it brings alot to the surface for Don and makes him really think. His dad is a wonderful man who we love dearly, but he never really had the time to teach Don any skills. With Don being the only boy he didn't have the opportunity to learn some very important skills that could save us a lot of money in the end. So I think he is more concious about teaching our boys how to do the things he knows.
Morgan had a great day with Andrew - they watched movies and just visited. He is such a great guy and they really enjoy spending time together and it helps her to get her mind off the pain. So wish he lived closer.
Things are moving along, she starts her aquatic therapy tomorrow and we have been approved for a Home Bound teacher. (thanks Sherry) So life is begining to feel a little more normal. I will have to make sure my house is clean every day for this teacher, but that is a small price to pay to have someone come to house and teach her.
We will need to figure out a way to get a computer. The family computer has crashed a thousand times and we keep trying to just "fix" it and in reality it is old and we just need a new computer. The kids use my laptop and that is a dangerous thing. Can't afford to have that crash. So time to file our taxes and get a new computer so I can go to appointments while Morgan is with her teacher. Plan would be for her to get caught up and get to the point where she can walk without crutches and get back to school by the 1st of April so she can enjoy the rest of her senior year. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smiles all around! Do you think maybe the school could loan you a laptop for Morgan to use? Never hurts to ask...right?
Hugs
S