Saturday, February 4, 2012

2.4.12

I don't even know how to share the words in my heart right now. As I was trying to decide today of something I wanted to take a picture of I was driving past Alpine Ski and snapped a picture with my phone (as you see there was no traffic so I was being safe) This place reminds me so much of my boy. This is where Dylan worked for 3 ski seasons before his mission. He loves it. They love him and remind me whenever I have gone in there how much they miss him. It is right by our house and I drive by it often in my daily travels and it often reminds me of my crazy ski loving boy !!! My adventurous, crazy boy. See the photos below for just an example of how crazy he is on the slopes.
I must admit I have had two worry free ski seasons with him on his mission. I also must that I was so nervous everytime he hit the slopes, I admit that I would worry sick about him until he would call me and let me know he was off the slopes. 
One of the reasons I worried so much was because I knew what could happen on the slopes when you have a son that is an adrenaline junky.
A few years back one of Marissa's really good friends was in a snowboarding accident and sustained pretty severe head trauma. They were not even sure if he was going to make it or even walk again.
 Derek is the middle guy in the front row. His life was changed forever in an instant. 
I am not sure of his progress now. But I sure do think about his accident every time my boy hits the slopes.
Then yesterday we found out tragic news about a skiing accident of a young 16 year old boy. He is the youngest son of a family that was in my ward growing up. The Greene's. Their youngest son Wesley was in a  skiing accident and broke his neck in two places. He has undergone a long surgery, but right now he still has no feeling or movement below his shoulders. There is alot of swelling and it is definitely too early to tell. He has an amazing family and a Heavenly Father who is watching over him. I never knew Wesley personally. But if he is anything like his older siblings and rest of his family he is an amazing young man with an incredible future ahead of him. It is amazing to see how many people are praying and fasting for this young man. 

I will be honest. Would I like to sell my son's ski's before he comes home and just have his golf clubs waiting. That sounds like such a safer sport. But I know he loves to ski and somehow I am going to have to learn not to be nervous Nellie.

Our prayers are with the Greene family at this time, I know that our Heavenly Father is watching over them and he is so mindful of Wesley.


If you know the Greene Family you can keep updated on Wesley's progress here

Please take a moment and say a prayer for them.

No comments: