Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9

I am grateful to be able to spend my Wednesdays with Adelle. She has taught me so much in the time I have been caring for her. I have learned so much and have become sensitive to what it must be like to be an elderly person that once was on top of their game, that was in complete control of everything, and over time has lost the ability to care for oneself. She gets so frustrated because she so badly wants her independence back. But over time she is learning that it is okay to have help. I try and give her all the space and freedom I can while keeping her safe keeping her company. I have also learned that I really do love caring for the elderly and doing in home health care. It has been the perfect way to supplement my income while the economy recovers. I am grateful for Adelle !!!


No comments: