Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21

Today I am grateful to my husband for being humble and logical. 
On Friday, November 18, 2011 his Jeep finally died. 287,000 miles and 18 years old. It was time to move on. 

Even though we have been proud that we have not had a car payment for over 10 years and we were hoping to make it till this summer when Dylan returned home from his mission, we have spent alot of money on car repairs. And sometimes you never know how much that might be. So as we spent the weekend going back and forth on what we should do, we finally took the plunge and bought a new car. 
(Well not brand new - it has 20,000 miles on it)
But here is what I am most grateful for. I sent Don out alone. To face those car sales men all on his own. And, my husband was willing to go car shopping when we had NO money. All he had was a broken down jeep. In his heart he wanted another jeep or truck. The boys wanted dad to have a COOL manly car. But the reality is, my husband drives 32 miles one way to work everyday. That is about 65 miles a day in just work miles. Our gas bill every month is outregeous.  
So I had sent him out shopping without much to bargain with. Every "manly car" or even "big family car" he walked by called his name. But everytime he came close to deciding on one of those he must have heard my voice in his head saying "Are you kidding me"
But he gave up any selfish desires of the "cool manly car" and at the end of the day came home with a very economical car. 
For that I am so thankful !!!


So goodbye Jeep (18 freeway miles to the gallon)
Hello Cobalt (35 freeway miles to the gallon)


No comments: