Monday, June 13, 2011

20 years ago today . . . .

As I look back at my journaling from 20 years ago the thoughts and emotions all come rolling back. I had a somewhat difficult pregnancy. We had been expecting what we thought was our 3rd little girl. Her name was going to be McKenzie. On May 12th, at only 33 weeks pregnant I went into preterm labor and was hospitalized. They had put me on medication to stop the labor. I just remember how yucky it made me feel. The 2nd day that I was in the hospital I remember them wheeling me into a very cold radiology room to do an ultrasound and check my amniotic fluid. As the ultrasound tech was taking a look around she said "so do you know what you are having" I said "yes, we are expecting our 3rd girl" she then said "really, how do you feel about that" and I explained I was happy. I had two little girls at home a 3 1/2 year old and almost 2 year old. Who wouldn't be excited to have another girl ? Well she said how is your husband in a house full of girls ? I told her he was used to it, because he had lot's of sisters. She said "well from what I am seeing he is going to have another boy join the ranks". What ? How can that be ? My doctor told me it was another girl ! She then said
 "that's why he studied how to be a doctor and I studied how to be a radiologists." 
She showed me and sure enough it was a boy !!! Needless to say Don was thrilled. 
They were successful at keeping my labor stopped until I was 36 weeks 5 days and then I began to develop toxemia so I had to be induced for my sake and the baby's. 
Dylan Thomas Paolacci was born shortly after midnight on June 13, 1991 weighing in at just under 9lbs. His initial apgars were 9/9 but within about 15 minutes they noticed he was struggling to breathe. He went to the NICU and when I was able to go down to the NICU after recovery a neonatoligist came out to tell me that my baby had respiratory distress. His lungs were not strong enough to support an almost 9lb body. He spent the first 10 days of his life in the NICU as his lungs got stronger. I just remember how I pleaded with my Heavenly Father to help my baby survive and grow to be strong and healthy. I think Heavenly Father had some big plans for this little guy.
He was the biggest baby in the NICU and one of the only ones struggling to breathe since he was so big!

Celebrating his 3rd Birthday !!!

Grandpa Paolacci, Don, Dylan, Coleton and Logan
Grandpa Paolacci is sure proud of his grandsons !!! 
These are the boys that will carry on the Paolacci name.

Kelly, Dylan & Grant with Grandpa Harper
Senior !
Dylan and Karleigh at Graduation 

Dylan and Coy as Coy prepares to enter the mission field
He is an amazing sno skier
He has a passion for wake boarding !
He is a great big brother !

He is one of my amazing kids !!!
He was thrilled to open his mission call to serve in the Peru Lima East Mission
He has an amazing mission president
He is a wonderful young man serving the people of Peru !!!

Happy Birthday Dylan - We love you
Thank You for being you !!!!


No comments: