Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Mid-September Morning . . . .

The alarm sounds at 5 am and all I hear is silence - not necessarily a good thing. I go in to check on Karleigh to make sure she is beginning to stir and get up for her day. Karleigh and Dylan have early morning seminary that begins at 6:15 every morning before school. Some mornings it is hard to get up and get going, but it is always worth it. Just a little bit of spiritual renewal to start your day. Dylan's teacher is Stacey Campbell. One of his best friends Moms. She is an amazing woman and I am grateful that my son gets to spend 45 minutes with her each morning before school. Karleigh is getting used to this early morning thing and working really hard at trying to find a balance. She can wake up at 4:30 am and still not be ready by 6:15. We are learning and trying everyday. The more I say "hurry" the more she gets stressed. So I just try and make it as easy on her as I can. The one thing we have gotten into on these early quick mornings is fruit smoothies. (with just a little protein powder) Our entire family is loving them. Here is my favorite -
1 cup of yogurt (any flavor - I use strawberry, vanilla or orange)
1 Frozen Banana
about 4-6 strawberries
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 scoop of Protein Powder ( i love IsaLean Powder)
The mornings are getting so nice here in Phoenix (the days are still warm, but mornings are nice and in the 80's)

No comments: