Friday, September 19, 2008

{Let it be a good day}

This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind... let it be something good.
-Author Unknown
Renee called last night and told me the baby feel and cut open his head. She said he fell, rubbed his head and got up and when back to playing and all of a sudden was leaving a trail of blood. She checked the back of his head and sure enough a big ole cut. Once she got to the ER they got him all fixed up. She called and said "they just had to glue his head back together". Poor baby - but he is just fine. You feel so helpless as a mom watching your kids struggle. Isn't it true that each day our ultimate goal is to have a happy family and when one of your kids are hurt or struggling with something it effects every ounce of your being. Here's to everyone getting better and no injuries or mishaps today.
Today is a fun day. Coleton gets to go on his very first Boy Scout overnight campout. It is 11 year old scout camp and they are heading up north to cool country. I am so lucky that I have a husband who loves to do these things with my boys. Don will be taking off early so he can join Coleton and the boys at the campout. Can't wait to hear about all their fun adventures.
Update on my back - It is getting better pretty rapidly. There are parts of my feet still numb, but for the most part I have all feeling back in my legs. I cannot express to you the helplessness I felt when I could not do all that I am used to doing. I was so frustrated. Last Sunday at church the Bishop came up and simply asked how I was doing and he could see that this was really bothering me. I had a few tears in my eyes when I said to him "I just am so frustrated - there is so much I want and need to do and I can't" he asked what the prognosis was and I told him my doctor said it could take up to 3 months and I just didn't know how I was going to rest for 3 months" I told him of the lady I met at Creative Escape who had been like this since May and was now in a wheelchair. He asked if Don and I would come back to his office after the meetings. After church Don and the Bishop gave me the most wonderful blessing. In the blessing it said something very specific that stuck with me like glue. "if I would follow the guidance of my doctors then I would heal quicker than anticipated". Well that is what I have done and I am feeling 75% better after just 3 weeks of this. I have not lifted one box or put any strain on my back. I have rested when my feet begin to get real numb. I have used the TENS unit and heat and ice. I have added some really good nutritional supplements into my daily routine and I am seeing an overall positive result. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who watches over me and the needs of my family.
Well - it's that time to get the boys up and off to school and conquer the day I have before me. Happy Friday Everyone !!! Make it a good one!

No comments: