Friday, April 4, 2008

General Conference


I love conference weekend. Since I was a little girl it has always been a weekend of renewal for me. Watching General Conference is priority in my life and by listening carefully and following the teachings that are given my life has been blessed. I try so hard to make my home peaceful and enjoy spending this special time with my family. It is an opportunity for us to listen to messages of inspiration and guidance that will be delivered by the Fist Presidency, members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and other General Authorities and general officers of the church. This confernece we will be sustaining a new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. This has only happened 15 times in church history. I have a testimony that he is called of God. I am anxious to listen and follow the guidance of our new prophet. There are so many different options available to view General Conference. The only time I have actually had the opportunity to attend General Conference in Salt Lake was when I was 18 with my friend Angie. I can still remember what an awesome weekend that was. Marissa has had many opportunities to attend general conference since she lives in Utah. But really, I just enjoy sitting in my family room with my family gathered round and watching it on TV. There is ALWAYS a message just for me in each and every conference talk.
Here are some links for more conference information if you are interested in watching, listening or reading.


No comments: