Thursday, July 7, 2011

A little sign from heaven . . . .

So at the beginning of every Little League All Star game they have all the players come to the field and they have to repeat the Little League Pledge. Which is . . . . 

I trust in God.
I love my country
and will respect its laws.
I will play fair and strive to win.
But win or lose
I will always do my best.

Then after both teams repeat the pledge they have everyone stand for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem I looked over the crowd and saw the back of a mans head that looked just like my dads. Suddenly at this very moment I was so overcome with emotion. I thought to myself "how proud my dad would be to watch 2 of his grandsons play in the All Star Tournament". He LOVED baseball and he was a grandpa that attended all the games. He got to see lot's of Dylan's games when Dylan was little. But not Logan's

Well tonight I had this overwhelming impression, I actually started crying during the song and I knew that he was there and watching his grandsons play in this All Star Tournament  !!!

Because make no mistake - my dad loved baseball and Little League !!!



No comments: