Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend . . .

The CKC Convention went wonderful. I truly enjoyed teaching my classes. I love teaching and helping people be creative. I met some of the most wonderful women this year. Sometimes I am certain the Lord puts you in the right place at the right time to connect with the right people. I met some gals and renewed some friendships that I know will last a long time. I tried to explain to Don some of the connections I felt and sometimes I think it is hard to explain. Sometimes you just connect with people. Many times you just strike a common cord. We are all moms raising our families and trying to just to make it in this crazy world.
I stopped by Joann's on my way home last night and picked up some fleece while it was still 50% off. I like having little project to do while watching conference and so today I made some cute little doggie blankets for all our four legged friends. Then I got some fleece so I can make Marge and Tom each a lap blanket. With the cold weather right around the corner I want them to keep warm so they don't crank the heater up. I think they will love them. Here is cute picture of them. I think they look amazing for 93. Marge suffers from Alzheimers and doesn't walk anymore. But we are both excited to see each other each evening when I arrive.
Hopefully I will have pictures from Karleighs homecoming tomorrow. David and Karleigh looked smashing on their date to the homecoming dance and they had a blast.
We had Jade and Marquett for dinner tonight and they were so fun to have over. We just love those little kiddos.
General Conference was so uplifting and inspiring this weekend. It is something our church does twice a year where we come together and hear our church leaders, men & women that I truly believe are inspired to give us guidance and counsel. As someone who makes mistakes daily and is working everyday at becoming the person I know I need to be I am so thankful
for the hope, peace and answers i find through my faith.

Well I am off to take the kids to visit Morgan and Trent before taking them back home. Then I am off to spend the evening with Marge and Tom. Have a great Sunday evening.









No comments: