Friday, September 17, 2010

My mama always taught me . . .

"If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"

Just imagine how nice this world would be if people would stop focusing on finding fault and focus on finding the good!!! I just can't imagine one can have peace in their life if they are so focused in finding fault in others. There is so much good in this life to enjoy and so many blessings that are ours to receive. But negativity only cultivates bad feelings. I realize that many times fault finding is a direct result of one's lack of self esteem or false justification for ones actions. But I cannot help to think about how much happier people would be and how much more joy you can bring to another's life by letting go of finding fault and focusing on finding the good. Have you ever been around those people who are always positive and always have good things to say about others. Let us all try and be like them in our actions and words and maybe it just might be contagious !!!

It is not the critic who counts; not the one who points out how the strong person stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself or herself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his or her place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.  -Theodore Roosevelt

Peace is a wonderful quality of life that can only be experienced when we do not hold to the negatives such as anger, worry,
fear and fault finding.

So don't worry - just be happy !!!

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

thanks for the reminder! :)

Unknown said...

Em - you don't need a reminder. I love your blog. You are such a wonderful example to me. Sorry - I guess I just wish I could slap some people upside the head and say "be nice" I just don't like stumbling upon FB posts and blogs of people tearing other people or organizations down and contantly finding fault and then posting about it. My whole way of thinking is if you don't like something - then MOVE ON. Like I need to do right now. Anyways, thanks for letting me vent. I love you and if I haven't told you lately I think you are doing amazing and so proud of the sacrafices and all the fabulous changes happening for your family !!!!